Cutimed® Sorbact® Swabs
Cutimed® Sorbact® Swabs by BSN Medical
Cutimed Sorbact Swab irreversibly binds and inactivates bacteria. The swab is can be used for deep or superficial wounds.
These dressing use proprietary DACC Technology that “catches” or binds bacteria and removes it from the wound bed versus killing it, like silver and other antimicrobial dressings. This helps to keep the cell wall intact, allowing for natural healing and long-term prevention of infections, across the wound care continuum.
- Ideal for acute and chronic wounds including contaminated, colonized or infected wounds
- Effective against all wound pathogens including MRSA and VRE
- No cytotoxicity; physically binds and inactivates pathogens without affecting cells involved in wound healing
- Bound and inactivated pathogens are removed with each dressing change reducing the microbial load and removing one of the principle barriers to wound healing
- Works outside the microorganism physically binding them together and to the dressing with no chemical or metabolic interactions to which pathogens could develop resistance
- Non allergic; does not utilize allergy inducing substrates or chemicals to which patients might develop sensitization or allergic reactions
- Reduces wound odor
- Reduces cytoplasm and endotoxin release
- Reduces infection and inflammation